On the other hand, you just never know when Old Man Winter will make his debut, even if the first day of winter doesn’t technically arrive for a while (Friday, December 21).
When it comes to your home heating system, it’s always better to be proactive than reactive.
With that in mind, here are three reasons you should book fall furnace maintenance sooner rather than later.
Reason 1: A small investment now can lead to big savings down the road
As part of your Air Treatment ClimateCare maintenance/protection plan, ongoing furnace maintenance spots the normal wear-and-tear your furnace goes through:
- Dirty furnace filters: Even when your furnace isn’t running during the summer, dirt, dust, and other debris can get trapped inside. When you do turn on your furnace, it’ll need to work harder to heat your home.
- Dirt in the burner: When your Air Treatment ClimateCare technician examines the pilot light, they’ll be able to tell if it’s dirty. When that happens, gas and air cannot properly mix together.
- Duct inspection and cleaning: Got pets? Things like pet hair and other contaminants are stuck in your air ducts. Duct cleaning and inspection helps warm air more freely throughout your home, which also boosts overall indoor air quality
Keeping your furnace tuned-up and in good working order gives you peace of mind. At the same time, it avoids unwanted furnace repairs down the road too.
Especially here in Toronto, where it can get bitterly cold (according to Wikipedia, the coldest temperature ever in Toronto was -33°C on January 10, 1859).
Reason 2: Keep your family safe
As just mentioned above, because it gets insanely cold in Toronto, your furnace is almost a necessity of life.
But that doesn’t mean it’s a simple piece of equipment. In fact, it’s fairly complex with components like:
- Moving parts.
- Electrical connections.
Now, if any of these elements aren’t in perfect working order, it makes your furnace less effective and efficient.
In turn, that can also make your furnace dangerous for your family with things like:
- Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning: CO is “the silent killer” because it’s colourless and odourless. Combining a fall furnace inspection with a new carbon monoxide alarm will keep this deadly gas at bay.
- Leaks in the gas line: Small leaks can lead to big problems; especially if something like a Christmas candle is lit inside a room that’s filled with natural gas.
- Fire hazards: Your furnace is probably surrounded by old boxes, rags, rugs, and other things. You might not notice these as hazards, but your Air Treatment ClimateCare technician will.
When your family is warm, they’re also safe. And when your family is safe, they’ll also be warm.
By scheduling fall furnace maintenance today, you’ll be able to ensure your family is both safe and warm this winter.
Reason 3: It’s nice to get it done
There are always things in and around the house which must be done:
- Oil changes in the car.
- Home organization tasks.
- Balancing the bankbook.
They’re not pleasant to do, but it feels great once they’re completed.
Getting your furnace ready for winter falls in the same category.
As winter weather gets closer and closer, other homeowners in your neighbourhood are scrambling to schedule their tune-up (or worse, dealing with a sudden emergency furnace repair).
But since you took care of fall maintenance well in advance, you’re relaxed and worry-free.
And really, you cannot put a price on that.
When winter does its worst, your furnace will be at its best
Yes, it’s October
But winter will be here before you know it.
The best way to guarantee your furnace is ready for it is to schedule your fall maintenance visit today.
We’ll come to you and get your furnace in tip-top shape for the cold winter months ahead.
- BOOK YOUR SERVICE VISIT
- CONTACT US with any questions or comments.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT MAINTENANCE from Air Treatment ClimateCare.